Lost innocence - 1

We were next door neighbors. We were also second cousins. In a new, strange city, the elders found comfort in the proximity of the stay. M was 9 years older to me and I was 9 years old. He also had an 11-year-old sister P, who had become my closest friend. Every day after school, I'd stay in my aunt's house till mother returned from work. I'd play with my cousin P while her brother studied in the room upstairs. Mother was due to have my baby brother soon, so she had promised me she'd be staying at home after a month.

P would go for tuitions at 5pm, and aunt would give me some biscuits to eat. Some days, she would ask me to go upstairs and give M a plate of biscuits or snack. And I would happily run upstairs and deliver the food. M was quite a friendly cousin who loved to play with me. We'd play ludo or snake and ladders, some days we'd play hide and seek. That day, aunt sent me to give M a bowl of grapes.

M took the bowl of grapes from me and offered me one.

'I have already eaten', I told him. But he insisted and I was happy to eat more grapes. He fed me one grape and grazed his finger on my lips.

Then he sucked his finger and said, 'Your lips are so sweet, my fingers have become sweet!'

And I giggled.

'Let's try once more'. he said, and rubbed a grape on my lips slowly and then popped it into his mouth, 'how sweet!' he exclaimed again.

He emptied the bowl, feeding me grapes and eating it himself after rubbing it on my lips.

Once he was done, he sent me off with the empty bowl.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The bubble

Lost Innocence -2